Professional Reader

Sunday, July 5, 2020

The Lost and Found Bookshop by Susan Wiggs





Guys, I just adored this book. First of all, the setting of a bookshop is just so cosy to me, and has always been a low-key daydream of mine (to own a bookshop). I loved that the protagonist falls (almost literally) into her mother's shoes and by doing so learns to come to terms with all of the things she never appreciated or understood about her mother and their life while growing up. To see her open up her heart and mind was really amazing and I loved that all of the characters in this story (for the most part) had such integrity. I enjoyed the relationship between Natalie (main character) and her grandfather so much. I feel like I personally related to Natalie's loss because of my own life and there were a few really precious moments and nostalgic moments that made me tear up. I also could appreciate her "Grandy's" dementia as I dealt with that with my own mother. This book's overall feel was just cosy and romantic. Oh, and I love that books literally saved the day. Just a lovely book that puts you in that bookshop setting and man, you just don't want to leave it. Like, ever.

2 comments:

When the Wind Blows - By Ma Shelley

  When the Wind Blows by Ma Shelley. Let me start by saying, this book was a 5 star read for me. The writing was beautiful and fluid, the st...